The Southern Mission District is actually comprised of 2 Mission Districts,
the Southeast Mission District and the Southwest Mission District.
The two groups meet together 4 times a year.
Meetings: Quarterly, rotating between area churches. The Southern
Mission : Meet quarterly on Saturday mornings. Location will rotate
between churches. All clergy, wardens, and current convention delegates
are members of the SMD.
- to support the needs of the annual Diocesan convention
- to provide candidates for Diocesan elected offices (I.e. Standing Committee, etc.
- to offer input to the budget prior prior to the convention
- to help the Diocese in budget preparation
- to review and give input on canon changes and resolutions
- to provide deputies to General Convention.
- to impart accomplishments and challenges in our individual churches
- to focus on communication/evangelism/PR in the Southern Mission District
- to share outreach projects
- to plan one or two shared events each year.